Sometimes when you receive a text message on your phone, you would like to send that text to someone else. Perhaps you need to let others know that a friend is coming over for dinner, or perhaps you need to inform others of a change in your schedule? Want to know how to forward a text message? It’s actually pretty easy.
- Why Do I Not Have Sms Text Fowarding Option For My New Mac
- Why Do I Not Have Sms Text Fowarding Option For My New Mac Os
Where is the option to forward a text message to someone else on the Samsung Galaxy S9? Coming from the S7, the forward option is shown when pressing the 3 vertical dots (Option Button). However in the S9, the Option Button only shows the current recipient, add recipient, or block user. Go to Settings Messages on your iPhone and tap on Text Messages Forwarding. You will see your Mac (or Macs) listed here with an on off slider beside them. To allow your Mac to send and receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices. On your iPhone, go to Settings Messages Text Message Forwarding. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone.
Why Do I Not Have Sms Text Fowarding Option For My New Mac
The good news is that, for Android devices, its pretty simple to forward text messages to others, and we will let you know exactly how to do just that. This method works for the stock Android Messages, but other smartphones with their own apps should work in the same way for forwarding messages. Best wireless keyboard for mac bluetooth.
If you want to automatically forward text messages to your Mac or iPad however, you first need to set it up. Text message forwarding works great because you don’t have to actually be on your iPhone to communicate via text. Any text messages that arrives on your iPhone will automatically be forwarded to your Mac or iPad via the Messages app.
Foward a text message to someone else
- The first, and obvious, thing to do is to find the text message that you want to forward.
- Then you just tap and hold on that message showing on your phone’s display.
- Once the message is selected, tap on the three vertical dots icon at the top right.
- Then tap on “Forward.”
- A list of everyone you have recently received or sent a message to appears on a list. Tap on a name and you can forward the message to them.
- If you want to forward the message to a new number or another contact, tap on “New Message.” Select or search for a contact.
- If you want, you can also add some text of your own to the original message you wish to send out.
- Finally. when you are ready to forward the message, tap on the send (right arrow icon) SMS button.
That’s really all there is to it. Were you successful in forwarding a text message with this method?
How to set up call forwarding on Android
Why Do I Not Have Sms Text Fowarding Option For My New Mac Os
Okay, now you know how to forward text messages, but how does Android call forwarding work? Here’s a guide on how to forward a call on Android that should clear up this question as well.