- The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Crack
- The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Desktop
- The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Review
- The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Download
- The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018-19
Apple’s standard Photos app does a pretty decent job organizing your sprawling photo, thanks to collections, tags, and the ability to view photos by when (and where) they were taken. Best Mac For Gaming 2018 Antenna 1.5 App For Mac 2018 Word For Mac 2019 Free Quicktime For Mac 2018 High Sierra. Best Slideshow Maker For Mac 2018 Best Photo Organizer For Mac 2018. Get Overwatch For Mac 2018 Best Photo Viewer For Mac 2018 -editor Best Browser For Mac 2018 Microsoft Word For Mac Free 2018 Best Antivirus Security For Mac.
CNET Download provides free downloads for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices across all categories of software and apps, including security, utilities, games, video and browsers.
With cameras so readily available, it’s easy to accumulate more photos than you know what to do with. You probably take dozens of pictures when you go out, meet up with friends, or go on vacation. And while taking photos is fun, organizing them is work. But it doesn't have to be that way. In this article, we’ll show you how to organize pictures on your Mac with the Photos app and without it. Here are the things you’ll be reading about:
- How to merge your photo libraries in the Photos app
- How to group pictures using Smart Albums in Photos
- Tricks for keeping your Photos library organized
- How to organize pictures outside of the Photos app
Tips to help organize photos on a Mac
1. Consolidate an all your photos in the Photos app for Mac
When macOS Yosemite was released in 2014, the Photos app finally came to Macs, replacing outdated iPhoto. Now with Photos, you’ve got more organization tools, including the ability to switch between libraries and merge them. To start with, let’s get all of your photos from different places onto your Mac. Here’s what you should do:
- Use iCloud Photo Library to ensure that everything you take on an iOS device is synced automatically with your Mac. Alternatively, AirDrop photos from your iPhone and/or iPad to your Mac.
- Import photos from external drives to the Photos app on your Mac
- Import photos from your camera
- If you have several libraries in the Photos app, merge them into one
Once everything is on your Mac and in one library, it’s easier to get organized. Let’s take a look at a few questions most people have when they juggle several Photos libraries.
How to get rid of duplicate Photos?
The next thing is to get rid of the duplicate and similar-looking pictures that are wasting space on your hard drive.Thankfully, the app Gemini 2 can scan your entire hard drive to quickly find and get rid of them. After you’ve downloaded and installed Gemini 2, you can follow these steps to declutter your photos:
- Download Gemini 2 for free, install and launch the app.
- Click + > Pictures Folder.
- Then, click Scan for Duplicates and let it go.
- Choose either Review Results or Smart Cleanup.
Review Results does exactly what it promises and will let you see your duplicate files grouped together, making it that much easier to decide which version you want to delete. While Smart Cleanup will get rid of your duplicates with just one click.
How do I switch libraries in Photos?
Libraries in Photos can come from a few different sources, including external devices such as cameras and iPhones. If you were using iPhoto prior to Photos, each device and source will have a Systems Photo Library. You can switch between them, and here is how you do that:
- Go to Launchpad
- Hold down the Option key, and then double-click on the Photos app to see the libraries you have on this device
- Now you can move easily from one photo library to another and open the one you want by double-clicking it
How to create a new Photo library on Mac?
Creating a new library is easy. If Photos is open, you’ll need to quit and reopen to create a new library:
- Hold down the Option key
- Double-click on the Photos apps
- Click the Create New button, then choose Library
- Give your new library a name and click OK
How to merge two or more Photos libraries?
At present, there is no native macOS tool for merging libraries in Photos. Essentially, what you’ll be doing is moving all pics to one new library. So, create one as described above, and then follow these steps:
- Launch Photos holding down the Option key and select one the libraries you want to merge
- In the menu bar, click Edit > Select All
- Again in the menu bar, select File > Export. Now you’ve got the following options:
- Export Unmodified Original. This will export every image in these libraries, excluding any edits or changes made to them.
- Export [number of photos you want to export] Photos, which gives you the option to pick a format and select Full Size. That will export your photos as they are, with any edits you’ve made, in TIFF, PNG, or JPEG formats.
How do I delete a Photo library from my Mac?
If you want to delete a library, it’s super easy. You just navigate to the Pictures folder on your Mac, locate the library you want gone, and move it to the Trash. However, you’ll want to make sure you’ve got all the images and videos out of it first. Export them like we described in the previous section, and then trash the library.
2. Use Smart Albums in Photos to organize your pics
After merging your libraries and clearing out duplicates and similar images, take photo organizing one step further and group the remaining pics with Smart Albums. Let’s take a look at how to use this fantastic feature of the Photos app to your advantage.
What is a Smart Album in Photos?
Smart Albums are a way of grouping images by the parameters you set. Maybe you’ll want an album to contain photos taken last Christmas, or you’d rather group all the pics of your kid together. All that and more can be done with a Smart Album. As is the case with a regular Photos album, you can edit and delete it.
How to make a new Smart Album in Photos?
Creating a new Smart Album is simple:
- Launch Photos
- Click the + button next to My Albums in the sidebar
- Select Smart Album<
- Give your Smart Album a name
- Choose the Parameters, e.g. “kids,” “days out,” “Holiday 2018.” You can modify these at any time.
- Click OK to create
By developing a system (e.g., photos are grouped into albums by date taken) and using Smart Albums, you’ll make sure your photo library is easy to navigate, even if it contains thousands of photos from 2001 and up until now.
3. Other tricks for keeping your Photos library organized
Now that you’ve got your libraries consolidated and you’re using Smart Folders, here are a couple more tricks to help keep your pictures organized.
How to favorite Photos?
The more pictures you have in your Photos app, the harder it can be to find the picture you’re looking for. A simple way to view only the photos that are important to you is to favorite them. You can favorite an image in the Photos app either by:
- Selecting a picture and clicking the heart button in the toolbar.
- Hover your mouse over an image and click the heart in the bottom left corner.
Then, you can view all the pictures you’ve favorited by clicking Favorites in the left sidebar.
How to find faces on Photos?
Photos also has a facial recognition feature, which is great when you’re looking for pictures of a specific person. But it’s definitely not without its flaws. It will identify faces and make suggestions, but it requires you to put in some time to either verify the people in a picture or label them yourself. To view your pictures organized by faces:
The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Crack
- Click People in the sidebar.
- Select one of the people to view all of their photos.
How to create a shared album?
Shared albums are a collaborative way to share photos with your family friends. Everyone can drop their pictures from a specific event or place into one place. Follow these steps to create a Share album:
- In the left sidebar of Photos, hover over Shared Albums.
- Click the +.
- Name your album and invite people to collaborate.
- Click Create.
- Click All Photos in the sidebar.
- Drag and drop the pictures you want to add to that album.
If you forget to add someone when you’re creating the album, don’t worry. You can always add people to an album by clicking the button that looks like a person in a circle in the toolbar.
How to navigate through years and months?
Probably the most common way to view your photos is by the date they were taken. In the toolbar at the top, you can select to group your pictures by year, month, or even by date.
Even if you’re viewing your pictures in the All Photos tab, you’re still scrolling through them by date. You can use the scale slider to zoom out and see more photos from a time period or zoom in to see a specific period.
4. How to organize photos outside the Photos app
Of course, you don’t need the Photos app to organize your pictures. You can manage them within folders as you do with your documents or downloads. For some, this way maybe a little more difficult because you’re not able to see all of your pics simultaneously. But this does make it easier to transfer your photos or store them on an external hard drive.
When you’re not storing your pictures in the Photos app, it does make it harder to spot duplicates, though. So you should use an app like Gemini 2 and periodically scan for duplicate or similar-looking photos.
The app will scan your hard drive to show you copies of the same picture that are just wasting space. You can get rid of your duplicates with one click of the Smart Cleanup button or you can review the files Gemini 2 finds to decide which copies you want to delete. And the best part is you can download Gemini 2 and try it for free!
How to find all photos on Mac?
If you have pictures everywhere on your computer and you’re wondering how to find the photo files on your Mac, the easiest way is with Smart Folders in Finder. Setting up a Smart Folder will allow you to see all of your pictures in one Finder window, regardless of where they’re actually stored. To set up a Smart Folder for your pictures:
- In a new Finder window, click File > New Smart Folder.
- Click “This Mac” and then click the + in the right corner.
- From the drop-down menus, change Name to Kind and Any to Image.
- If you want to save the Smart Folder so you can come back to it, click Save and then name the folder.
But the best way to organize your photos on a Mac is in a detailed folder structure, typically by date of when you took the pictures. And once you have a Smart Folder where you can find and see all of your photos in one place, it makes it a little bit easier to sort and organize them into easy-to-navigate folders.
How to view pictures on Mac?
Viewing pictures on a Mac without Photos is easy, but can get tedious really quickly. You can use Preview to open and view your pictures. The major drawback to doing this is you first have to find the photo file(s) in Finder and then double-click to open them with Preview.
That’s it, hope this short guide helps you cope with your photo overload. And remember: the best way to organize photos on your Mac is to keep your library lean and manageable — free from clutter and useless copies. Gemini 2 will gladly help with that.
These might also interest you:
In this article, we will discuss the best photo organizing software to Mac to manage digital images. Free mac apps downloads.
Sweet memories fade with time, but when captured in images, they stay with you forever. If you are fond of taking pictures, you must have a collection of hundreds and thousands of photos. Capturing moments is fun but organizing them can be an arduous task. However, if you have a photo management app for your Mac, things could get a lot easier. To know about some of them, read on!
Top 5 Best Photo Management Software for Mac To Organize Digital Photos
Organizing photos can be fun when you have a third-party app on your Mac. We have listed some of the best photo management apps for Mac.
1. CyberLink PhotoDirector 365
Cyberlink PhotoDirector 365 is a photo management tool that not only helps you to organize your photos in a neat manner but also provides advanced editing tools. Let’s take a look at the features of the CyberLink PhotoDirector 365:
- To manage your photos, you can categorize them with keyword tags, star ratings, smart collections, color coding, and flags.
- The software can automatically arrange your photos on the basis of on composition, frame, time or date or you can manually organize them by simply dragging and dropping.
- You can share both digital and hard copy photos with your friends. Moreover, you can create slideshows and upload them to YouTube.
2. Adobe Photoshop Elements 15
The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Desktop
Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 is a simpler and efficient way of organizing your photos on Mac.
The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Review
Let’s take a look at the features of the Adobe Photoshop Elements 15:
- With Auto Curate feature, your photos are organized according to the image quality, faces, subjects, Smart Tags and more which makes searching for images easier.
- The software suggests you use Smart tags to your photos so that you can find the photos easily later on.
- It also allows you to fix multiple photos at a time.
3. AfterShot Pro 2
The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018 Download
AfterShot Pro 2 helps you in organizing and viewing all your photo collection in one place making it one of the best photo Management apps for Mac. Let’s check out all the features of AfterShot Pro 2:
- You can edit and make other changes to one or many photos at once with powerful batch processing controls.
- The powerful search tools, star ratings, and other tools help you quickly find photos no matter what is the size of your photo collections.
- You can easily compare, filter and select your best photos from n number of similar looking photos
One of the best photo management apps for Mac, Unbound helps you efficiently manage your photos according to your needs. Let’s take a look at the features of the Unbound:
- You can use albums to categorize your photos. With instant search, you can locate any album within a few clicks.
- The app can play slideshows, display EXIF information and can also use GPS location data to display photos on a map.
- Unbound can sync your albums to your iPhone, iPad or other Macs with the help of Dropbox. So that you can upload and organize your photos from any of the devices.
The Best Free Photo Organizer App For Mac 2018-19
5. Phase One MediaPro1
Another photo organizing software in our list is “Phase One MediaPro1”. It is a good choice if you love to keep your photo collection organized and managed. Let’s go through the features of the Phase One MediaPro1:
- It allows you to handle photos in batch whether it is editing or renaming.
- The app allows you to convert your RAW format images to JPEG or PNG, BMP and more to make it easy to share it across.
- It has an auto-sort feature which uses metadata annotations to sort photos.
So, these are some of the best photo management software for Mac which you can use to Organize your digital photos on your Mac Computer. Try them and let us know which worked for you.
If you have other photo organizing software in your mind that should be in the list please mention in comment section below.