SmartBoard Direct are the main supplier of SMART Board interactive technology products throughout the UK Call us now on 0141 946 7355 or email: [email protected] Toggle navigation. The suggested retail price for a 77' (195.6 cm) front-projection SMART Board interactive whiteboard (SMART Board software included) is low: qualifying institutions in North America can purchase one for US$1,001899.
The capacity of education technology to resolve the issues occurring in the traditional classroom education enabled it to pave a path to real-time and scientific teaching and learning methods by integrating, improving, and including appropriate technological resources such as smart technology, computer-based training, m-learning, and LMS in education. The Interactive electronic whiteboard is one of the Edtech innovations capable of replacing the conventional blackboard and chalk teaching method and the outdated overhead projector equipment in order to properly enhance the social-emotional and physical development of students. However, certain advantages and disadvantages of smart boards in the classroom manifest the technology to various benefits and drawbacks, which are easy to notice. The easily noticeable pros and cons of using digital writing board in classroom restrict as well as expand the ability of teachers to teach and students to learn better.
Advantages of Smart Board in classroom
Many researches have demonstrated the advantages of using smart board in classroom. One of the benefits of implementing smart technology is the creation of blended and personalized learning environment, which enhances the mental and physical development of students. Moreover, the tech empowers the teachers with the latest smart and virtual teaching method tools to strengthen the theoretical and practical academic foundation that supports interactive, engaging, and fun learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Improves student-teacher collaboration and interaction
- Encourages teachers to teach in real-time with audios and videos lessons, visual multimedia & PPT presentations, 2D & 3D virtual space, etc.
- Paperless advantages
- Enhances Real-time blended teaching and learning methods
- Creates Web and Internet-based teaching and learning platform for teacher and students respectively
- Improves distance learning
- Contributes to the mental, physical, and social-emotional development of students
- Seamlessly integrates with other technology-enhanced learning (TEL) applications such as LMS to share study materials, course curriculum, assignments, reading resources, and many more
- Furnishes E-learning
- Encompasses Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in education
- Gives students fully engaged and hands-on learning experience
- Facilitates mobile integration facility
Disadvantages of Smart Board in classroom
Smart Board For Home
One of the main disadvantages of using a smart board in classroom is its cost of affordability. Unlike a blackboard and chalk, which cost very cheap, an electronic smart whiteboard price varies extravagantly from a few hundreds of dollars to thousands.
Cost Of Smart Boards For Classroom
- Smartboards are expensive
- High maintenance and complex to handle
- Very delicate and not simple for every staff member to handle
- Risk of breakage and high repair costs
- Software difficulties and problems