I have Office 365, 2011 edition, on my iMac and I was trying to install the update 2016 apps but they would not update and one of the solutions offered by Microsoft Office was to uninstall the old 365 and try again but I don't know how to do that. My iMac uses the new El Capitan. As Paul has mentioned, we need to uninstall the MSI version before installing. If you are deploying Office 2019 via ODT, you can use the RemoveMSI element in your configuration.xml file to remove the MSI version of Office during the deployment of Office 2019. See Remove existing MSI versions of Office when upgrading to Office 365 ProPlus for.
Remove Office 2016 for Mac applications
- Open Finder and click Applications.
- Command +click to select all of the Office 2016 for Mac applications.
- Ctrl+click or right-click the applications you selected and click Move to Trash.
Remove files from your user Library folder
Should I Uninstall Office 2016 For Mac Before Installing Office 365 Free
To remove files from your user Library folder, you'll need to first set the Finder View options.
How To Uninstall Office 365 Personal
- In Finder, press +Shift+h.
- On the Finder menu, click View > as List, and then click View > Show View Options.
- In the View Options dialog box, select Show Library Folder.
- Switch back to Column view (+3) and click <YourUserName>Library > Containers and ctrl+click or right-click each of these folders if present, and then click Move to Trash.
- Switch back to Column view (+3) and click <YourUserName>Library > Group Containers and ctrl+click or right-click each of these folders if present, and then click Move to Trash.
Should I Uninstall Office 2016 For Mac Before Installing Office 365 2017
Oct 2, 2015 10:08 AM Vsco app free download.