Thankfully, Scribus is the only one you need. It's packed with all the features you need for creating your own magazines, newsletters, posters and many other document types. Download → Sourceforge → Manual → Fossies Share project g﹢ fb tw rd in su dl Scribus 1.5.5. Scribus is a professional typesetting and page layout program, available on all major platforms but also for OS/2 and GNU/Hurd. It provides press-ready PDF output, but a user-friendly and modern interface.
Full-featured, free and open-source page layout program for creating, designing and exporting DTP projects to PDF and PostScript
Geared toward professional users, Scribus is a comprehensive application designed for desktop publishing, filled with many approachable features.
Create docs from scratch or templates
Wrapped up in a pro-grade interface with a neatly organized structure, the tool invites you to create a new document from scratch by establishing the doc layout (single or double page, three or four fold), size, orientation, width, height, first page, margin guides, bleeds, number of pages, default measurement unit, and text frames.
Alternatively, you can preview and opt for one of the numerous templates made for brochures, regular and business cards, grids, newsletters, packaging, and PDF presentations.
Extensive file type support
Text, images and vectors can be imported from external files, while the project can be exported to text, PDF, EPS, image or SVG format.
Documents can be saved with extensions compatible with Scribus (.sla, .scd), OpenDocument Draw (.odg), OpenOffice Draw (.sxd), Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg, .svgz), Encapsulated PostScript (.eps), PostScript (.ps), Windows Meta File (.wmf) and Adobe Illustrator (.ai).
Add and manipulate objects
The tool lets you insert text, image and render frames, tables, shapes, polygons, lines and Bezier curves, in addition to glyphs, characters, quotes, space, breaks, ligature and barcodes.
Plus, you can draw freehand, as well as rotate items, zoom, snap to grid or guides, lock multiple items to easily arrange them in the design using the key arrows for accuracy, mark PDF annotations or bookmarks, and bring items to the front or send them to the back. Advanced users are free to edit object attributes to define types, values, parameters, and relationships.
Make project adjustments and resort to handy tools
It offers multilingual support, contains multiple GUI themes, and lets you tinker with various PDF export settings (e.g. page range, password protection) and typography preferences (e.g. subscript displacement and scaling, small caps scaling, automatic line spacing), reconfigure hotkeys, select the PostScript interpreter, manage plugins, configure system-wide short words, and many more.
Evaluation and conclusion
The tool worked smoothly throughout our evaluation, without hanging, crashing or displaying error messages. CPU and RAM consumption was minimal.
Taking into account its rich options and customization preferences, Scribus should meet the requirements of many users looking for a reliable app to help them create, design and export DTP projects to different formats.
Scribus is part of these download collections: Open SVG, View SVGScribus was reviewed by Elena Opris
- 512 MB RAM or more is strongly recommended – the more, the better.
- Pentium III or better – 750 MHz or better.
- 0016066: [Story Editor / Text Frames] Variable Text gets damaged when hyphenation is on (jghali)
- 0016062: [Story Editor / Text Frames] Selecting individual bullet character crashes Scribus (jghali)
- 0016022: [User Interface] Changing icon set requires restarting Scribus (jghali)
- 0016054: [Styles] Styles are disabled when trying to edit style for first time (jghali)
Scribus 1.4.8 / 1.5.7 SVN Snapshot 20210105 / 184.108.40.206 Developeradd to watchlistsend us an update
- portable version
- A portable version of this application is available: Portable Scribus
- runs on:
- Windows 10 32/64 bit
Windows 8 32/64 bit
Windows 7 32/64 bit
Windows Vista 32/64 bit
- file size:
- 81.7 MB
- main category:
- Office tools
- visit homepage
top alternatives FREE
top alternatives PAID
The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of the stable development version 1.5.4, which is in many ways a new milestone on our way to the next officially stable release 1.6.0.
Most important changes
- Color precision for fill colors has been expanded to 64 bit floating point.
- Scribus can now handle color palettes in the new ISO standard CxF3 (See: https://www.xrite.com/de/page/cxf-color-exchange-format). CxF3 files cannot only store palettes in different color models (e.g., RGB, CMYK, LAB) and output intents, but also allow for storing spectral colors, which enables even greater colour precision. Scribus is the first DTP software that supports this demanding standard.
- Existing import filters have been upgraded to support the LAB color model (where applicable).
- The Barcode plug-in has been updated and offers new features.
- Many bugs regarding fringe uses have been fixed in the PDF library, both for print PDFs and PDF forms.
Scribus 1.4.6 Download
- Several new commands have been added to the scripting engine, so as to make the document creation via scripts easier and more versatile.
- Thanks to the work of the Document Liberation Project and particularly David Tardon, experimental import filters for ZonerDraw vector drawings (versions 4 and 5) and QuarkXPress documents (versions 3 and 4) have been added.
Scribus 1.5 Mac Download Version
- Many potential stability and security issues revealed by Coverity scans have been fixed.
The complete changelog is available here: https://bugs.scribus.net/changelog_page.php?version_id=99
Primary Download Locations
- Installation packages for Windows, Mac OS X and the source code are available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-devel/1.5.4/
- OpenSUSE, SLED, and SLES RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- Packaging for other Linux distributions, *BSD, Solaris and OpenIndiana is beyond our influence. We recommend updating the respective repository data on a regular basis.
- Windows Portable App: http://portableapps.com/apps/office/scribus_portable#test
Scribus 1.5 Mac Download Software
|OS X 10.10 or higher, Intel x64||scribus-1.5.4.dmg||6f31b0b9bf27c952d820188343e2be73ab990be772e34551b030d9c04fa4f5b8||2c9d71dc7b2e589ad27b7817c755d64f441a72e4|
|Windows 32/64 Bit||scribus-1.5.4-windows.exe||c8710ee2591f0e00b9c6506671c401ce2c54541ded55c043f74b2e622c07f2dd||80dc3701b35ae8ec99a1870c7d4228a72cb02755|
|Windows 64 Bit||scribus-1.5.4-windows-x64.exe||2d11a7c04f2b58436541269e21227ce8676b62e908cc2b14987a865ca6d65170||64fd2cd02e0f6b99e208252cddd21d228bc479fb|
|Linux 64 bit AppImage ||scribus-1.5.4-linux-x86_64.AppImage||9c8bb1c491b5219093d98663e4810df1e8b317e23f349eebb5c1c2213a210f79||2bfd9a9486f0a8a8ec2c88bcc91029c6c1a265a5|
|Windows PortableApps.com Format||ScribusPortable_1.5.4.paf.exe|
Download Scribus Windows
The Scribus Team would like to thank Anduin.net and Modirum for their continued hosting of all of the Scribus websites.
We are grateful to the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie for sponsoring.
Free Scribus Download
The Scribus Team is also honored to have Resene Colours (New Zealand), dtp studio Oldenburg (Germany), Scientific Illustration Services Corp. (USA), the Newspaper Association of America (USA), Software Consulting Services (USA), freieFarbe e.V. (Germany), bauwerk Kommunikationsdesign (Germany) as Special Supporters and donors of color palettes and other content since the 1.4.x release, just like we are grateful to the owner of Vector Portal for the permission to distribute some of his work as Scribus Templates.
Porting Scribus to OS/2 and eComStation is being supported by Serenity Systems (USA).
Finally, the Scribus Team would like to thank the many end users, translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this release.
Press and hold the power button to force your Mac to shut down. You can also force shutdown your Mac by pressing the Control+Option+Command+Eject keystroke combination. Generally, a force shutdown is handy if your entire Mac suddenly freezes. Standard Shutdown. This is the most common way to shut down your computer. Manual shut down mac.