Mindpoint quiz show. Before Mojave was, macOS High Sierra, with the 10.13.6 update being the most recent. High Sierra is available here. If you want an older version of macOS take a look at our article about getting.
Use Software Update
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu , then click Software Update to check for updates.
- If any updates are available, click the Update Now button to install them. Or click “More info” to see details about each update and select specific updates to install. You might be asked to enter your administrator password.
- When Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are also up to date. That includes Safari, Music, Photos, Books, Messages, Mail, Calendar, and FaceTime.
- To automatically install future updates, including for apps that you got from the App Store, select “Automatically keep my Mac up to date.” Your Mac will notify you when updates require it to restart, so you can always choose to install those later.
For most users, the most noticeable changes are these: the disk space that the operating system frees up after a clean installation compared to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, a more responsive Finder rewritten in Cocoa, faster Time Machine backups, more reliable and user friendly disk ejects, a more powerful version of the Preview application, as well. The latest version of OS X is 10.13 High Sierra, but in order to get this, you need to first upgrade to OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Check if your mac can get El Capitan at this page: OS X El Capitan - Technical Specifications. If you can get it, download it from here. Then, if your mac can run High Sierra (check macOS High Sierra - Technical. MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5) Posted on Feb 23, 2017 5:50 PM.
Update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Learn how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
Latest Mac Osx
- Learn how to get updates for earlier versions of macOS that don't include Software Update preferences.
- You can also use the App Store to update apps or redownload apps that came from the App Store.
- Learn which macOS your Mac is using and how to upgrade to the latest macOS.
- When your Mac is connected to a Personal Hotspot, large updates don't download automatically.