From the feedback it seems that the keyboard has a memory, which we need to reset, this is inside the keyboard itself, but how is this done.
Are Apple trying to say that if you buy a keyboard you can ONLY use it with one machine, and if it stops working with that machine, buy another one?
I have wasted several hours now, I am writing this on a friends laptop because I don't have a keyboard.
<Edited by Host>
- Microsoft Designer Keyboard Not Pairing Mac
- Microsoft Keyboard Pairing Button
- Mac Keyboard Not Pairing
Dec 3, 2010 4:35 AM
- According to Microsoft, the keyboard has limited functionality with Mac OS 10. Apparently there's a button by the battery compartment that if held down for more than 3 seconds puts the keyboard into pairing mode, otherwise under bluetooth, see if you can delete it as a favorite and try again sorry I couldn't help you more.
- View the manual for the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop here, for free. This manual comes under the category Keyboards and has been rated by 1 people with an average of a 9.2. This manual is available in the following languages: Engels, Nederlands, Duits, Frans, Spaans, Italiaans, Portugees, Deens, Pools, Noors, Fins, Roemeens, Turks.
Microsoft Designer Keyboard Not Pairing Mac
The Bluetooth Designer Desktop is designed to perform as beautifully as it looks. Windows 10 mac download free. With its ultra-thin and modern look, the Designer Bluetooth® Desktop complements the look of your desk. It wirelessly pairs to your laptop or tablet with the latest Bluetooth Smart technology– instantly connecting without wires or dongles to manage. (Matias makes its Quiet Pro keyboards with either a Mac or a Windows layout; the Mac version is shown here. Image courtesy of Matias.) Some keyboard makers changed the images on the special keys to match the ones Apple used, while others provided a software-based solution that would remap the special Window modifier keys, such as Start, Alt, and Menu/Applications to their corresponding Mac. The Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard has a thin modern design that’s made for faster typing while complementing your workspace. To get set up, you’ll need a PC that’s running Windows 10 with support for Bluetooth 4.0 or later. This keyboard supports Swift Pair in Windows 10 for faster pairing.
Sometime a Mac can't pickup the connection of a bluetooth keyboard or mouse is normal. Whatever your Mac is brand new or not.
I will do the following if the brand new Mac can't pickup the bluetooth connection, but make sure the bluetooth keyboard and mouse is not yet paired with other computer, that means you have to un-pair the keyboard and mouse from your MacBook before you perform the follow step:
- Switch off the Mac
- Switch off the Keyboard and Mouse which not yet paired with other computer, remove its battery, and re-install the battery after 10 seconds
- Switch on the Keyboard and Mouse first, make sure both devices have a green light flashes (the light flashed at intervals, like a pulse **..**..sorry my poor English), that means the devices is discoverable.
- Switch on the Mac asap if all the bluetooth keyboard and mouse is ready, and let the Mac pair both device (according the screen instruction)
Microsoft Keyboard Pairing Button
If the method still doesn't work, the worst case is: i'm afraid you have to connect wired keyboard and mouse to finish the Setup Assistant, and pair both bluetooth devices by Bluetooth Preferences. Once both bluetooth devices connected, disconnect wired keyboard and mouse.
Mac Keyboard Not Pairing
May 15, 2011 7:07 PM