Monthly Specials For January. MORPHE 35T - 35 COLOR TAUPE EYESHADOW PALETTE. $23.00 $13.00 43% off. MORPHE 35K - 35 COLOR KOFFEE.
I have another MAC Cosmetics Lipstick dupe to share with you! The next shade up on the dupe list is “Taupe”, a muted reddish-taupe brown hue with a matte finish. After comparing several swatches, I have found a list of alternative shades for the popular lipstick. Let’s begin the dupes!
- (WATCH IN HD)a tutorial using Makeupgeek 'Insomnia' pigment was highly requested! I hope you enjoy! Thanks for watching! Xoxo!Makeup geek:http://w.
- MAC Taupe is a very warm-toned, medium-dark brown with a matte finish. It is a permanent lipstick that retails for $20.00 and contains 0.1 oz. Jump to a particular section if you know what information you're looking for!
- Mac Lipsticks are the Best! Jai from Woodbridge, New Jersey. I have a olive/bronzed skin tone and the shade Taupe looks great on me. If i buy any traditional lipsticks i always go for mac, they're worth the price. I would buy it again. Honeylove is the best nude lipstcik ever. Would always buy MAC Lipsticks-the best!
- MAC Lipsticks Dupes – Popular MAC Lipstick Dupes Credits – Sarah Steller. No words are enough to praise the beauty of this lipstick shade! An iconic MAC lipstick is what it can be referred as. Ruby Woo is a gorgeous matte red lipstick with blue undertones. It is a cult favourite of all the MACholics out there!
1. Wet N Wild “Sand Storm” ($2.49)
Buy at AMAZON. Set program as default for mac osx.
2. Bite Beauty “Molasses” ($26)
See swatch comparisons here.
Buy at AMAZON or SEPHORA.
3. LA Colors “Taupe Envy” ($2)
Buy at AMAZON.
4. Milani “Matte Beauty” ($6)
Buy at AMAZON.
City Color Lipstick “Head Over Heels”
Buy at AMAZON.
Truth: MAC Cosmetics make some of the best lipsticks in the market. I’m ashamed (or proud?) to say I’ve collected over 20 so far, and I always have at least one on my makeup wish list at any given time. What makes them so amazing? Firstly, they have almost any shade a lipstick lover could possibly want; and they have it in a variety of finishes. Although I have a healthy assortment when it comes to the colour spectrum, my favourites – and the ones I reach for the most – are all neutral shades. Will I ever get over warm nudes? Probably not, so I thought I would share my top 5!
Lipsticks are lined up from 1 to 5, left to right.
1. Velvet Teddy
Of course I had to start my list of with arguably one of MAC’s most popular nude lipsticks of all time! Even though it’s been well over a year since the Kylie Jenner hype begun (along with the obsession with her lips), I think it’s safe to say Velvet Teddy is more often than not usually sold out at the counters. It’s described as a ‘deep-toned beige’ with a matte finish, with a rosy warm undertone. It’s one of those shades that looks so different on everybody; on me it definitely pulls rosy-beige. It’s one of the most comfortable matte lipsticks I own as it’s very creamy, comfortable and non-drying on the lips. If you’re looking for a new nude, you can’t go wrong with Velvet Teddy. It’s a crowd pleaser.
I go through phases where I’m 100% certain Velvet Teddy is my favourite nude, but as soon as I use Spirit again, I’m not so sure. Spirit is definitely Velvet Teddy’s sister, just a smidgen browner, and a satin finish as opposed to matte. It’s described as a pinky-beige brown, which is spot on. Oddly enough, even though this is a satin finish I do find it less creamy than Velvet Teddy, but comfortable to wear all the same. When I want a nude that pulls more brown than pink, this is my pick. It’s a great one for day and night – it just goes with any makeup look!
I don’t reach for this one anywhere near enough and every time I do, I kick myself because it’s so damn beautiful. MAC describes it as a reddish taupe brown, and it is a matte finish. I love Taupe for its uniqueness – I can’t say I’ve seen many lipsticks similar to this shade around. It’s one that many skin tones can work with, from fair through to dark, and it makes for the perfect Autumnal lipstick.
Mac Matte Lipsticks
Even I will admit it’s not too different to Taupe on the lips, except I find it has a little less of a red undertone and it’s a little bit more orange (although it photographed super brown on my arm for some reason!). Persistence is described as a peachy cinnamon with a matte finish. It’s very pigmented and glides onto the lips with a lot of ease. I think it’s a really different neutral and one that can be worn all year around.
Described as a soft muted brown pink with a satin finish, Twig is the perfect MLBB shade. It’s a great everyday colour (very long lasting!) and one of my favourite transitional shades.
Mac Taupe Lipstick On Dark Skin
If you have a medium skin tone like me, these will be perfect for you. Now you tell me – what are your favourite MAC neutrals?