This mac App is very confusing regarding selecting the proper options. I have several folders on my mac drive and an attached usb drive with pics and vids. I want the G BU&S app to upload these photos to my google photos library in their cloud. I ALSO want the app to sync my local mac folder /Google Drive with my cloud google drive. Go to System Preferences and look for security & privacy, go to Firewall, make sure you unlock it on the bottom left to allow you to modify it. Here is what your incoming should look like but add by clicking the + sign and locate the backup and sync from Google, then it should show as mine does then go back to the main screen and locate 'sharing', be sure you have File sharing clicked and click on the 'options'.
- Google Drive App Not Syncing
- Mac Google Drive Sync Application
- Download Google Drive App Mac
- Google Drive App Mac Os
If duplicates are detected, remove the duplicate Outlook installations, and then restart the system. After your system is restarted, the Outlook Search Repair tool may reopen. If it does reopen, exit and restart the tool. Note The Outlook Search Repair tool displays a 'Reindexing, please wait' message while it works.
Necessary cookies enable the core functionality of MacUpdate.com. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
Analytical cookies help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage.
Advertising cookies are used to create a personalized browsing experience for you.
Google AdSense (not personal data)
Google Publisher Tags (not personal data)
DoubleClick Ad Exchange-Buyer
- You can add Google Drive to your desktop on a PC in addition to using it on a web browser.
- Adding the Google Drive app to your desktop will enable you to sync your documents and files from your computer to Google Drive.
Google Drive is popular for its free programs, ease of access, and compatibility with Gmail and other Google products.
You can download Google Drive to your PC desktop as well, enabling your computer to sync your files with Google Drive automatically.
Here's how to add Google Drive to your desktop using a PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to add Google Drive to your PC desktop
1. If you are logged in to your Google account on an internet browser, you must log out temporarily to install Google on your desktop.
2. Once you have logged out, go to drive.google.com and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage. Under the 'Downloads' column, click on 'Drive for Mac/PC.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider In 'Downloads,' select 'Drive for Mac/PC.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
3. A new tab will open. Next to the 'For Individuals' banner, click on 'Download.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider In 'For Individuals,' select 'Download.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
4. A pop-up window will appear. Click the 'Agree and Download' button.
Google Drive App Not Syncing© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Select 'Agree and Download.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
5. A program called 'installbackupandsync.exe' will begin downloading in your internet browser.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider 'Backup and Sync' will download. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
6. Click on the program, and it should begin installing once it has finished downloading.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider It will then install. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
7. Once the installation is complete, click 'Close' to exit the pop-up window.
Mac Google Drive Sync Application
8. Google Drive should now appear on your desktop. Look for a window called 'Welcome to Backup and Sync' and click on the 'Get Started' button.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Click 'Get Started.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
9. Type in your Gmail address, click 'Next,' and then type in your Gmail password. Click 'Next' when you are finished.
10. Set your laptop's preferences for upload quality and file size. When you are finished, click 'Next.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider To sync files automatically, add the Google Drive app to your desktop. tommaso79/Getty Images
11. Set your Google Drive syncing preferences. You can sync the entirety of your computer to Google Drive, or select specific folders to sync. Once you are finished, click 'Start.'
Download Google Drive App Mac© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Choose which folders you'd like to sync. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
Google Drive App Mac Os
After Google Drive is downloaded to your desktop, you will also see shortcuts to Drive programs such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.