Khichdi TV Serial Cast Real Names with Photographs information and details given here. Khichdi was one of the most popular TV series in India. It was first aired on 10th September, 2002. In this TV serial story, a Gujarati family is living together. Some members are modern and some are old desi styles. May 29, 2019 Khichdi comedy serial season 3 is back on star plus 2018. Same actors in the same characters are back. Khichdi Returnsi 28th June 2018 Full Today Episode Star plus Khichdi Returns Full Episode Khichdi 28th June 2018 Full Latest Episodes Latest Serial News 2018. Khichdi Season 2: Latest & Full Episodes of Khichdi online on Disney+ Hotstar. Binge watch episodes of Khichdi entire season 2 only on Disney+ Hotstar. Characters from Khichdi appeared in two episodes Khichdi with Sarabhai Part 1 and 2 of Sarabhai vs Sarabhai where Himanshu and Hansa are revealed as distant cousins of Maya Sarabhai. 6 In 2010 the cast of Khichdi: The Movie made a special appearance in SAB TV's sitcom Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah to promote their film.
|Created by||Hats Off Productions|
|Films and television|
|Film(s)||Khichdi: The Movie|
The Khichdi franchise is a Hindi language franchise of sitcom series and film created by Hats Off Productions and UTV Software Communications, which debuted on STAR Plus on 10 September 2002. The series has been rerun on STAR Plus and its sister channels several times. Unlike other Hindi sitcoms, which continuously air throughout the year, Khichdi is one of the earliest shows on Indian television to adopt the Western model of appearing in seasons. The second season was called Instant Khichdi, which made its debut on STAR Plus's sister channel, STAR One.A film was made, based on the previous two TV series Khichdi and Instant Khichdi. It is the first film in the history of Hindi cinema to be based on a television series.
Khichdi follows the story of a Gujarati family called Parekhs, who live in an old mansion. The joint family encounters many typically Indian situations, but they try to solve it in the most atypical fashion imaginable. This is a funny bunch of people that is firmly united in their movement to get separated. They want to sell their ancestral property and move out and form their own nuclear families. But the head of their family does not agree. He gives them the choice to walk out and survive on their own; but nobody is ready to let go of the money that is due to them. So they stay together and wait for the 'head' to change his mind or stop breathing, whichever happens first. And this is where the upwardly mobile middle class joint family faces its trials and tribulations. Khichdi is a look at the lighter side of an Indian joint family.
Instant Khichdi (2005–2006)
The series portrays the life of an eccentric Gujarati joint family living in Bombay. The family is led by the elderly Tulsidas Parekh and consists of his offspring, who he acquired at a local carnival. Microsoft office 2017 for mac. The first season, particularly the initial episodes, focus on the idiosyncratic members of the family who are only united by their desire to separate from each other. Since the patriarch does not permit them to sell off their house and separate into nuclear families, they live on hoping that he changes his mind or passes away. Eventually, they move into a much larger house left behind by a deceased aunt.
-They become overnight millionaires when they discover oil in their older property. The second season portrays humorous depictions of a bourgeois family that is trying to settle itself into higher society with their new-found wealth. They live on in their own eccentric way, trying to ace the lives of the super-rich.
The first season portrayed the trials and tribulations of a joint family and often touched an emotional cord. Later on, particularly in the second season the show started focusing more on the situational comedy, as the characters started fitting themselves into their eccentricities. Several new characters were added during the course of the show. It is largely episodic with most plots running for one or two episodes. At times it runs into subplots that last a few episodes such as the marriages of Miraben, Raju, and Himanshu. Rarely, episodes run into flashback such as the marriage of Praful and Hansa.
Khichdi Returns (2018)
A new continuation series premiered on Star Plus from April 14, 2018.
The Parekhs gets stuck after the builder escapes in between the construction of their apartment and some people threaten them to kill until they do not return the money taken in exchange of apartments.
Khichdi: The Movie (2010)
A film based on the series, titled Khichdi: The Movie, was released on 1 October 2010 and starred the same principal cast. It became the first Indian television series to be adapted into a film. The film faced stiff competition from big-budget movies like Priyanka Chopra - Ranbir Kapoor starrer Anjaana Anjaani and dubbed Hindi version of Aishwarya Rai - Rajinikanth starrer Enthiran (Robot) and in the end its performance at the box office was termed hit.
Khichdi Serial Episodes
Characters from Khichdi appeared in the episodes 25 and 26, titled Khichdi with Sarabhai Part 1 and 2 of Sarabhai vs Sarabhai where Himanshu and Hansa are revealed as distant cousins of Maya Sarabhai.
In 2010 the cast of Khichdi: The Movie made a special appearance in SAB TV's sitcom Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah to promote their film.
After Khichdi: The Movie, makers are planning a sequel to the movie.
Cast and characters
Khichdi Serial All Episodes - Image Results
|Khichdi: The Movie|
|Tulsidas Parekh (Babuji)||Anang Desai|
|Praful Parekh||Rajeev Mehta|
|Hansa Parekh||Supriya Pathak|
|Jayshree Parekh||Vandana Pathak||Nimisha Vakharia|
|Himanshu Seth||Jamnadas Majethia|
|Chakki Parekh||Richa Bhadra||Mishri Majethia||Kesar Majethia|
|Jacky Parekh||Yash Mittal||Agastya Kapadia||Markand Soni|
|Tiwariben Parekh (Badi Maa)||Dina Pathak|
|Raju Parekh||Amit Varma|
|Melissa Parekh||Tina Parekh|
|Bhavesh Kumar||Kamlesh Oza|
|Heera Parekh||Arya Rawal|
|Mira Parekh||Ami Trivedi||Ami Trivedi (archived footage)|
|Dheeman (& various characters)||Deepesh Shah|
|Jignesh||Aatish Kapadia||Aatish Kapadia (as funeral singer)|
|Parminder Singh||Gireesh Sahedev||Balvinder Singh Suri||Gireesh Sahedev|
|Parminder Singh-Seth||Anokhi Srivastava||Sameksha Singh||Kirti Kulhari|
|Bhabhi Parminder||Seema Pandey||Anuradha Verma||Ruby|
|Brother Parminder||Daman Baggan||Nitin Handa|
|Jayantilal / Chandrakant Seth||Arvind Vaidya||Arvind Vaidya|
|Saguna||Naini Shah||Falguni Rajani|
|Hemlata Seth||Rita Bhaduri|
|Rekha Teacher||Vipra Rawal|
|Mr. Mehta||Dinyar Contractor||Dinyar Contractor(as the Judge)|
|Peter D'Souza||Bakhtiyaar Irani|
|Mrs. D'Souza||Melissa Pais|
|Advocate Pandit/Paresh||Paresh Ganatra|
|Chakku Singh||Sanjay Sharma|
Awards and nominations
Indian Television Academy Awards
- 2004: Best Actress-Comedy – Supriya Pathak as Hansa
Indian Telly Awards
- 2003: TV Actor in a Comic Role (Female) – Supriya Pathak as Hansa
- 2004: BEST Actor in a Comic Role (Male) – Rajeev Mehta as Praful
- 2004: Sitcom Writer of the Year – Aatish Kapadia
- 2003: TV Child Artiste of the Year – Yash Mittal as Jacky
- 2004: The TV Sitcom / Comedy programme of the Year
- 2004: Lyricist of the Year – Aatish Kapadia
- 2004: Music Director of the Year – Uttank Vora
- 2004: Director of the Year (Sitcom) – Aatish Kapadia
- 2004: Child Artiste of the Year (Female) – Richa Bhadra as Chakki
- 2004: Child Artiste of the Year (Male) – Yash Mittal as Jacky
- 2004: Actor in a Comic Role (Male) – Rajeev Mehta as Praful
- 2004: Actor in a Comic Role (Male) – Anang Desai as Tulsidas Parekh
- 2004: Actor in a Comic Role (Female) – Supriya Pathak as Hansa
- 2004: Actor in a Comic Role (Female) – Vandana Pathak as Jayshree
- 2004: Ensemble (complete star cast of a programme)
- 2004: The Weekly Serial of the year
- 2004: Scriptwriter of the year – Aatish Kapadia
Indian Telly Awards
- 2005: Best Actor in a Comic Role ( Female ) – Supriya Pathak as Hansa
- 2005: Best Child Artiste (Male) – Yash Mittal as Jacky
Khichdi Tv Show
- 2005: Best Sitcom / Comedy Writer – Aatish Kapadia
- 2005: Best Actor in a Comic Role (Female) – Vandana Pathak as Jayshree
- 2005: Best Actor in Comic Role (Male) – Rajeev Mehta as Praful
- 2005: Best Sitcom/Comedy Programme
Khichdi: The Movie
- 6th Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards
Apsara Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role – Jamnadas Majethia
- 2011 Zee Cine Awards
Zee Cine Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role – Jamnadas Majethia
- 2011 Filmfare Awards
Best Actress in a Supporting Role — Supriya Pathak
In May 2012, 'The Best of Khichdi & Instant Khichdi' was released on a 10 disc DVD set.
- ^'Star to launch new weekly comedy in September'. Indiantelevision.com. 22 August 2002.
- ^'Khichdi: The Movie'. 1 October 2010 – via www.imdb.com.
- ^'Khichdi Teaser: Praful, Hansa, Babuji are back with their usual banter - Times of India'.
- ^'Taste Khichdi's magic on the big screen'. Boxofficeindia.com. 1 October 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- ^'Boxofficeindia.com'. Boxofficeindia.com. Archived from the original on 9 December 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- ^'Lunching with the Sarabhais!'. www.rediff.com.
- ^Wire, Sampurn (27 September 2010). 'Khichdi team on the sets of Tarak Mehta.'
- ^'Now sequel to 'Khichdi – The Movie''. Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- ^'Now sequel to 'Khichdi – The Movie''. IMDb. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- ^'Now, a sequel to Khichdi-2? – Hindustan Times'.
- ^'ITA Awards 2004 Winners'. Archived from the original on 26 May 2012.
- ^'Husband-wife duo Pankaj Kapoor, Supriya Pathak take the comedy cake'. Indian Television Dot Com. 22 November 2003.
- ^'Winners list of the Sangini Indian Telly Awards 2004– Popular'.
- ^'Winners list of the Sangini Indian Telly Awards 2004– Technical'.
- ^'Nominees for the Popular Awards Indian Telly Awards 2003'.
- ^'Nominees for the Popular Awards Indian Telly Awards 2004'. Archived from the original on 16 October 2013. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- ^'Winners list of the Indian Telly Awards 2005'. Archived from the original on 17 September 2018. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- ^'Nominees for the Indian Telly Awards 2005 – Technical'.
- ^'Nominees for the Indian Telly Awards 2005 – Popular'. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- ^'Winners of Zee Cine Awards 2011'. Bollywood Hungama. Archived from the original on 22 October 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- ^'Hindifilmnews.com'. hindifilmnews.com.
- Khichdi: The Movie on IMDb