- If most of the print jobs on your network are text only, you may find it interesting to set your print driver so it prints black and white by default instead of changing it on every print job. Your company will save money as colour printing is significantly more expensive than black and white.
- Changing the default print settings. If necessary, you can change the default print settings of the printer driver. For example, if you set black-and-white printing as a default setting, users need to change the setting when they want to use color printing. As a result, unnecessary color printing can be prevented.
- How To Create A Black And White Present For Printing On Mac Shortcut
- How To Create A Black And White Present For Printing On Macbook
I made custom presets to print in black and white to my color printer, to print low resolution for faster output, and use the economy toner mode for my black and white laser printer so I don't.
Google Chrome on Mac OS X does not use the printer defaults set in the system.
To set the defaults for the Chrome print interface, for example to set the default color mode to black and white / grayscale, follow these steps:
How To Create A Black And White Present For Printing On Mac Shortcut
Enable Web-Access to the Unix Printing System by typing
cupsctl WebInterface=yesin a terminal window.
Open http://localhost:631 in a browser.
Click on Printers:
Click on the printer you want to change:
Change the 2nd select field to Set Default Options:
Click on the General tab. The settings you see here are the printer defaults that Google Chrome uses:
I needed to change the default color mode from color to grayscale / black and white as printing in grayscale is the default for me.
How To Create A Black And White Present For Printing On Macbook
- Don’t forget to hit the Set Default Options button to save your choices.