Want to find a reliable DVD player software to play DVD movies or Blu-rays for free on our Mac and Windows PC? And need a DVD player to play your DVD collections? Here in this article, we pick up top 5 free DVD player for Mac (Sierra) and Windows allowing you to play DVDs in Windows and Mac for free. Read on and find your desired one.
The Best DVD Creator - DVD Creator
iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac (or iSkysoft DVD Creator for Windows) is not just the easy DVD player for Mac and Windows, but also it is specially deigned as a DVD creator. If you have captured some family movies or downloaded your favorite videos from the Internet, you can use this DVD player software to make DVDs. So you can play the videos and movies with your home DVD players on TV or on other media players anytime you want. Just try it out!
Best CD/DVD Drives for Mac iMore 2021. The best CD/DVD Drives for Mac can help your new Mac work with older technology. If you've recently upgraded to a new iMac or MacBook Pro, you're probably going to need an optical drive if you want to continue importing your movies and music, or just access the content on your discs. Dec 15, 2014 An external optical drive will allow you to access discs on your Mac. To do this, you’ll need to buy an external disc reader that plugs into your Mac via a USB cable. Such an external drive could read CDs and DVDs, play Blu-Rays, and even burn discs — if that’s what you want. External CD DVD Drive, USB Type C Dual Port CD Drive, DVD +/-RW CD +/-RW Writer Burner Player with Classic Silver for MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac OS, PC Laptop 4.2 out of 5 stars 1,169 $19.99 $ 19.
Key Features of this DVD Creator:
- External CD DVD Drive, USB Type C Dual Port CD Drive, DVD +/-RW CD +/-RW Writer Burner Player with Classic Silver for MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac OS, PC Laptop 4.2 out of 5 stars1,173 $19.99$19.99.
- VLC Media Player is one of the most popular DVD player software for Mac and Windows. To play a DVD disc with VLC Media Player, open the File menu, choose Open Disc from the resultant menu item. While in the Open Disk Dialog Box, select DVD.
- Brand new designed user-friendly interface.
- Burn YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and more to DVD.
- Create DVD from videos captured by iPhone and other devices.
- Easily edit videos and provide hundreds of free DVD menus.
- Support to import photos to create slideshow with background music.
Top 5 Free DVD Player Software for Mac
1. Apple DVD Player
To use Apple DVD Player for Mac, simply insert your DVD-Video disc in the computer and it will automatically display the disc’s DVD menu screen. You need to use your mouse to select items on the menu items. You can also use navigational buttons using the DVD Player Controller. If set to full screen mode, you will not be able to view the screen menu bar but can easily access by moving your pointer to the screen’s top. To change window sizes, select size from the view menu or video menu on Mac OS X v10.6 and earlier. To play a movie, click on Play Movie while in the DVD menu. When you play DVD with the DVD Player Controller, you can turn subtitles on or off, skip chapters, fast forward or rewind, stop, pause and much more.
- Pros: Comes bundled in Mac machines.
- Cons: You need to have a built in optical drive or external Apple USB SuperDrive that comes with a DVD Player.
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.5 and above
2. VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is one of the most popular DVD player software for Mac and Windows. To play a DVD disc with VLC Media Player, open the File menu, choose Open Disc from the resultant menu item. While in the Open Disk Dialog Box, select DVD. When reading the DVD you have the option to enable DVD menus through selecting DVD Disc Type from the wxWidgets Interface. In Mac OS X interface, you can accomplish the same by selecting Use DVD menus. Select the drive that contains the DVD you want to read, through providing the related drive letter or name of device in the Device Name input box. On Mac OS X, this is automatically detected. Click Ok to start playback.
- Pros: Easy to use, flexible, lightweight and has support for HD and BluRay discs.
- Cons: The user interface is basic and is slicker in Mac versions.
- Platforms: Mac OS X, Windows
3. Mac Media Player
Mac Media Player could be the best DVD player for Mac to enjoy DVD movies. For starters, you need to select it as the default DVD player in Mac. Open CDs & DVDs under Hardware and select ignore for item marked when you insert a video DVD. Insert the DVD into the driver; some DVDs are automatically launched while others will require you to open those using open buttons (Open File or Open Disc). To play a DVD ISO file, select the Open File button, navigate to the location of the file, and press on PLAY button to start playback.
- Pros: Mac Media Player is a powerful high def video player with hardware acceleration capabilities.
- Cons: Has the potential to use up plenty of system resources
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.5 to 10.9 for V2.9.2
It is crucial to understand that MPlayerOSX package will install both MplayerOSX with SMPlayer as the front-end application. MplayerOSX is a binary distribution for Mplayer (Linux’ Movie Player) and is native to Mac OS X. Upon installation, you can then simply use drag and drop to play your DVD files in either full screen or window modes.
- Pros: Lightweight, offers video compatibility is impressive and compares favorably with other players in the market.
- Cons: MPlayerOSX offers no way to save playlists, while trying to access the menu, videos will pause and the software is unstable a few times.
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.5 and later
You can use QuickTime to open DVD movie files on hard disk or DVD. Use Finder or Windows Explorer and either double click on the file or drag it into the QuickTime Player icon. You can also select File from the menu options, click on Open, and navigate to the file you wish to play.
- Pros: QuickTime has a slick yet easy to use interface, integrates well with OS X and the PRO version gives you the ability to edit and convert video files.
- Cons: Slow while launching, it has been superseded by QuickTime X in Mac, requires regular updating to get maximal use out of it and is suitable for Macs.
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, windows
Filmora Video Editor - Edit Videos in Any Format
- You can edit videos/photos/audio in any format from any sources including mobile, camera, or online.
- It allows you to easily cut, crop, trim, rotate, split combine videos or apply effects to video.
- You can export video to specified format, to YouTube or mobile phones, or burn to DVD.
Aug 16,2019 • Filed to: Manage Music • Proven solutions
Are you tired of the Mac default music player? Or, do you simply want to change your music player to experience something different?
Here is a list of the top 5 music players for Mac that can be used as iTunes alternatives to listen to music and radio on your Mac. Some of them even have more functionality than the iTunes. Like almost everything out there, some of them are free software and the others are paid ones. You can even connect your Last.fm and Spotify accounts etc to get the latest music from some of them.
iMusic is an all-in-one music player. In its 'Discover' module, you can see the latest and hottest songs and music playlist. You can play them and even download them to your computer for playback offline. And more over, you're able to search music by artist, genre, name of songs as well. It also display all songs from your iTunes Library or media library on your computer, letting you play any song on your compute freely. Here are main features of iMusic
iMusic - Best Music Player for Both Mac and Windows
- Discover and download the hottest music on Mac.
- Download music from over 3000 music sharing sites.
- Record music from thousands of music sites and radio stations.
- Transfer music between iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android phone, computer and iTunes.
- Manage music library on computer, iOS and Android devices.
- 1 click to transfer downloaded music and playlist to USB drive to enjoy in car.
- Ability to burn downloaded songs and playlists to CDs easily.
Steps to Download and Play Music on Mac Computer by iMusic
Step 1: Go to iMusic's official site: https://www.aimersoft.com/imusic.html to download and launch iMusic on your Mac computer .
Step 2: Open YouTube or any music streaming site, for example Spotify. Copy the URL of the song on the site. Then paste the URL of the song to the URL paste box in iMusic's 'Download' page, check the needed music format and click “Download”.
Step 3: Once completed the download process, the downloaded songs will be automatically added to your iTunes Library automatically. Click 'LIBRARY', then download icon on the left side to check out the songs.
Step 4: Next choose your wanted songs to play it now ! The music quality is totally original with the music from most streaming music sites.
Swinsian is an OS X program that has an identical layout to iTunes. After it syncs with your iTunes library, the layout of Swinsian comprises left and right sidebars. Just like in iTunes, playlists are shown on the left, as well as on the right, it is possible to edit the meta data and tags of a song.
Swinsian has the feature of notifications when a brand new music is played and supports an extensive array of music formats. You can even link your Last.fm account and Swinsian auto-discovers other AirPlay interfaces.
• Price: $19.99
• Ratings: 5.0/5.0
Ecoute for Mac is a simple and free replacement for iTunes. Upon installation, Ecoute automatically detects and syncs with your iTunes library. In Ecoute, you are able to sort by artist, album, composer, genre, playlist and tune. Ecoute also offers a little widget that stays in your desktop when you're playing a music track, which you can use to readily access the play controls. Moreover, notifications appear in a corner of your screen when a new tune is being played.
Ecoute also offers a resizable interface; you could pick from a display that is big or a minimized variation with numerous columns. You can also link for your Last.fm, Twitter and Facebook accounts from Ecoute, which also has a mobile version for iOS.
• Price: $7.99
• Ratings: 4.5/5.0
Vox is another OS X music player which is not bad in case you would like something that will not get in your way. With a user interface that is streamlined, Vox has a clean layout that's simple-to-use. The player is no larger than the usual sidebar, and this may be minimized into a smaller, more streamlined player. You can play the radio as well as play music from your own iTunes library; you can also drag music to the different Vox playlists.
Vox supports many formats, including OGG and FLAC, each of which iTunes will not support. The icon on the document reveals the album art of the tune playing and there are desktop notifications for every new tune played.
• Price: Free
• Ratings: 4.0/5.0
Cd Player For Mac Notebook
Available for Windows, Mac as well as plenty of other operating systems, the complimentary program incorporates music from many different online sources including Sound Cloud, Spotify (premium account desired), Last.fm and Groove Shark at the same time on your local machine using an authorized connection.
Tomahawk will pull the best version of your music to playback from all your sources after your sources are synced. You can even connect to Twitter, Google and Jabber in order to view your friends' groups. Also, Tomahawk syncs artist information via Last.fm along with added information about connected artists, graphs and new releases. Tomahawk may also save your searches and offer information in your listening history, as well as an alternative for private listening.
• Price: Free
Best Cd Players For Home
• Ratings: 3.5/5.0
For music lovers, Fidelia, as the particular name implies and prioritizes high fidelity sound. The player has a cool user interface that mimics that of a high end radio, and has dim and mute buttons that are useful together with meta data displays.
The player has three different special effects channels and also reveals the waveform of the existing track. While some are far more severe, some effect functions such as the iTunes equalizer. Fidelia offers a free 15-days trial and it is $19.99 afterwards.
• Price: $19.99
• Ratings: 3.0/5.0
Part 2. Comparison Table for These 5 Music Players for Mac
Video Player For Mac
The table below shows the comparison between the 5 top music players as discussed above. Spectrasonics omnisphere v1.0.vsti keygen. We hope that it will help you pick the right one for yourself.
Cd Player For Macbook Pro
|Name||Trial Period||Price||Social Network||Mini-Player||Desktop Notifications|
|Ecoute||15 Days||$7.99||Last.fm, Twitter, Facebook||Yes||Yes|
|Tomahawk||NA||Free||Twitter, Jabber, Google+||No||No|