What we have here with Battle Realms is a fun real time strategy game that does not get the love it deserves. While a newer version was released on Steam. Today I am taking a trip back to 2001 and seeing what it was that made this game so special for the time. If you like RTS games then this is one that you are certainly going to have a lot of fun with.
- Battle Realms Winter Of The Wolf Download
- Battle Realms Game Download
- Battle Realms Game Type
- Battle Realms Games For Android
- Battle Realms Games Apps
- Download Game Battle Realms 2
The Four Clans!
There is a single-player campaign on offer here that is a lot of fun, but before we get to that we have to talk about the clans. Instead of having “factions” Battle Realms calls them clans as it is far more fitting for the fantasy type setting of the game. the four clans are, The Dragon who are honorable warriors. The Wolf is a clan of former slaves who try to live a good life. The Lotus is a clan of sorcerers who were the ones that enslaved the Wolf clan. Lastly, but not leastly (is that even a word?) we have the Serpent clan who are like a more ruthless version of The Dragon clan. The single-player campaign is actually heavily themed around the Serpent clan as the main character is called Kenji and they are the heir to the Serpent throne, but things are not quite what they seem. I love fantasy stories and this one I feel is pretty fun and rather engrossing too!
It Is All About The Peasants
Battle Realms is fantasy real-time strategy game inspired by the stories told in kung-fu movies and oriental mythology. Develop your tiny peasant village into a highly trained and deadly efficient clan of warriors who are ready to die with your name on their lips. Battle Realms is a real-time strategy game developed by Liquid Entertainment and released by Ubisoft and Crave Entertainment in 2001. The game revolves around the conflict among four clans: Serpent, Lotus, Wolf and Dragon.
Battle Realms adalah game Real Time Strategy yang berfokus pada pertempuran. Permainan ini dibuat menggunakan elemen lama yang telah mendorong genre RTS di masa lalu, serta menggabungkan.
Fight Realms is one intriguing technique PC game. Fight Realms game was made by Liquid Entertainment. It’s a similar then each other quality persistent system game. It’s some cool pictures and involves numerous units out of four phenomenal gatherings also called groups. If ur using vista u must rite clik on the battlerealmsf in wherever u put the battle realms folder and click properties then u go on the compatibility tab and check run in windows xp and run as admin. Age of Empires is an epic real-time strategy game.
The gameplay of Battle Realms is very interesting. It is in many ways your typical real time strategy game. You have many different units, structures, you need resources, you battle for land, and so on. However, the game is always spawning you, peasants. These peasants can then be trained by you to become soldiers and upgraded in various ways. This is a game that is very heavy on you learning how to play. There is no way that you can just spawn and spam a ton of powerful things in this game as it limits what you can do.
I really liked this as it put a heavy emphasis on the tactics of the games. You have many different units (I think there are over 50) and each clan as you would expect has their own “heroes” that make them unique when it comes to attacks and abilities. Playing against another human player is awesome as there is not an easy way for one player to just steamroller the other and take it all!
Did You See That Bird?
The presentation of the game is very impressive. The different styles of the clans, the maps, and structures, in general, all have a nice amount of detail about them. What I thought was really neat was the little touches like birds flying away when a battle is near. The units have their own passive and battle animations and there is just a lot going on in general. For the time, it was very impressive how this game looked and moved.
I think that what they did with Battle Realms was very clever. While I do feel the more modern version that you can get is the way you want to go. I was very impressed with how this held up. It is a real time strategy game that forces you to think strategically as you play. There is no spamming of one powerful unit on offer for you here! It may look and play like a game from 2001, but I will not hold that against it. If you enjoy a good RTS game, I am sure you are going to have a fun time with this one.
- Each of the four clans feels unique
- The single-player campaign has a great story
- Many missions for you to play through
- Playing against a buddy is a very fun time
- I liked how the game makes you think
- The newer release is better than the original in every way
- It may be a bit challenging for some players
Overall rating: 8.5
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to expand this page by adding an image or additional information.
|Windows||November 7, 2001|
- 2Essential improvements
- 3Game data
- 4Video settings
- 6Audio settings
- 8Issues fixed
- 9Other information
- GameSpy online services have been shut down (see Network for solutions).
- Can use multiplayer with GameRanger.
- Small online community on Discord and GameRanger.
- Battle Realms Wiki
- Battle Realms Community Discord
- Battle Realms Revival Project
- The oldest forums dedicated to Battle Realms
- Battle Realms Reddit
- GOG.com Community Discussions
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
|Retail ||SafeDisc v2 DRM[Note 1]. |
|GOG.com|| Includes 'Winter of the Wolf' expansion. |
|Steam|| Includes 'Winter of the Wolf' expansion. |
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
DLC and expansion packs
| Winter of the Wolf |
- The latest version of the game is also the expansion - Winter Of The Wolf (1.50q). The latest non-expansion version, for some reason, is also 1.50q.
- Patches for the non-expansion game are available.
Configuration file(s) location
- The only working parameters are Width and Height.
|Windows ||<path-to-game>Battle_Realms.ini[Note 2]|
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/1025600/pfx/[Note 3]|
Save game data location
|Windows ||<path-to-game>Saved Games[Note 2]|
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/1025600/pfx/[Note 3]|
Battle Realms Winter Of The Wolf Download
Save game cloud syncing
|Widescreen resolution|| See Windowed.|
|Multi-monitor|| See Windowed.|
|Ultra-widescreen|| See Windowed.|
|4K Ultra HD|| See Windowed.|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Windowed.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See Windowed.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Use the Resolution & FoV Patch |
- Allows playing online.
- Supports all resolutions & allows customizing FoV.
- Allows windowed/borderless mode.
- Fixes most of the videocard-related issues.
- Download the latest version
- Follow the instructions.
- Use the resolution native to your monitor.
|Use DxWnd|
- Download DxWnd.
- Extract it and launch it.
- Click Edit from a bar and choose Add.
- Type in a name for the game.
.. right of the Path input box.
- Go to the installation folder and choose
- Check fields:
- Hook Enabled
- Run in Window
- Hook all DLLs
- Remap Client Rect
- Leave other fields unchecked.
- In position panel, type in the game's resolution (e.g. W
- Go to Video tab and check check Hide multi-monitor config (leave the rest of fields unchecked).
- Go to Input tab.
- In Cursor visibility panel choose Hide.
- In Cursor handling panel choose Correct mouse position and Force cursor clipping.
- Click OK, minimize DXWnd and run the game.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Available via the in-game custom profile menu (not settings).|
|Mouse input in menus||Scroll speed is responsible for the screen navigation sensivity.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls||Master, Sound Effects, Music, Dialogue|
|Subtitles||Only in cutscenes.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|French||The addon WotW is not localized.|
|German||The addon WotW is not localized.|
|Spanish||The addon WotW is not localized.|
|Online play||GameSpy services have been shut down;see GameSpy for workarounds.|
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
The game gets stuck at 75% loading (Multiplayer)
|Change the .exe properties |
- Doesn't work for everyone.
- Go to the .exe properties
- Set compatibility to WinXP SP3
- Select 8bit color mode
- Run the game as Administrator
Unable to capture/stream the game.
|Use Shadowplay/GeForce Experience (overlay capture) |
- The easiest solution for nVIDIA users.
Could not find supported display mode / Could not rasterize API
Battle Realms Game Download
|Use the Resolution & FoV Patch |
- Allows capturing Battle Realms with OBS.
- Eliminates most of the issues.
- Prevents from playing online by making the game unable to synchronize progress.
- Download the latest version of dgVoodoo2.
- Copy the files in the MS folder and place them in <path-to-game>.
Config folder/Running instance, click
- From the window which appears, navigate to <path-to-game> and click
- Select the folder you just added from the dropdown list under
Config folder/Running instance.
Full Screen Output, choose which monitor you want the game to be displayed on from the dropdown list. For example, if you want your primary monitor, choose
.DISPLAY1; if you want your tertiary monitor, choose
- Click the
Apply button, then click
- If it does not work move all DLLs from the
dgVoodoo[Version]MS[x86 or x64] path to the main directory of the game
|Run the game in windowed mode|
- For alternatives, see Windowed.
|Disable other monitors|
- When on desktop, press ⊞ Win+P.
- Choose single monitor.
Battle Realms Game Type
Battle Realms Games For Android
Battle Realms Games Apps
|Operating system (OS)||98||2000, ME, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium II 400 MHz ||Intel Pentium III 750 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB||128 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||500 MB||600 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 16 MB of VRAM|
DirectX 8 compatible
| 32 MB of VRAM|
Download Game Battle Realms 2
- ↑SafeDisc retail DRMdoes not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- ↑ 2.02.1When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR% might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%VirtualStore on Windows Vista and later (more details).
- ↑ 3.03.1File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/1025600/ in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (1025600) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- ↑Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- ↑Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- ↑Pricing GameSpy Technology
- ↑Verified by User:Expack3 on 11 June 2015