Note: This edition of the toolkit is for Visual Studio 2013 and 2015 versions only. If you require the toolkit for Visual Studio 2017 please see this marketplace entry.
The AWS Toolkit provides Visual Studio project templates that you can use as starting points for AWS console and web applications. As your application runs, you can use the AWS Explorer to view the AWS resources used by the application. For example, if your application creates buckets in Amazon S3, you can use AWS Explorer to view those buckets and their contents. If you need to provision AWS resources for your application, you can create them manually using the AWS Explorer or use the CloudFormation templates included with the AWS Toolkit to provision web application environments hosted on Amazon EC2.
For issues or questions about this extension please open a GitHub issue at https://github.com/aws/aws-toolkit-visual-studio.
- Because AWS EC2 is using physical Apple Mac mini machines instead of virtual machines you can get the full OS experience you need for the development of apps. In this blog post I want to show you how easy the setup is and how you get the SAP SDK for iOS installed.
- Figure 1 – Extensions for Visual Studio Code. The Extension pane opens up. On the search box, search for “AWS Toolkit” and hit Enter. The very first item on the list will be the AWS Toolkit extension. Select it and click on Install button.
SPL-105 - Version 1.4.1
Visual Studio for Mac.NET. Azure DevOps Server (TFS) 0. Certificate Issue Installing AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio 2017. Visual studio 2017 version 15.9 windows 10.0. Rickd reported Jul.
© 2020 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited. All trademarks are the property of their owners.
Corrections, feedback, or other questions? Contact us at AWS Training and Certification.
In this lab you'll gain a basic understanding of configuring and using the AWS Toolkit for .NET. This lab includes the process of installing and configuring Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition. The installation and configuration of Visual Studio Community Edition and the AWS Toolkit for .NET is part of the learning process and is included in the lab to provide reinforcement. Finally, you will learn how to run a simple console application in C# using the AWS SDK for .NET.
By the end of this lab you will be able to:
- Connect to an Amazon EC2 instance running Windows Server
- Install AWS Toolkit for .NET
- Configure Visual Studio for AWS
- Create an AWS project in Visual Studio
- Build a Windows console application to create two Amazon S3 buckets and upload files to them, then delete bucket 1 without force parameter and bucket 2 with force
To successfully complete this lab, you should be familiar with Visual Studio for C# and have a basic knowledge of AWS.
Mac Users: Download Remote Desktop client software
Aws Toolkit Visual Studio For Mac Download
If you are running Windows on your local machine, you can use Remote Desktop Connection to access your Amazon EC2 instance.
If you are on a Mac, you will require Microsoft Remote Desktop (with the red icon):
Aws Toolkit For Visual Studio
Mac users can download Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Mac App Store.
If you do not have access to the Mac App Store, you can use CoRD for Mac, but please note that the instructions for this lab assume you are using Microsoft Remote Desktop.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab..and more!
Aws Toolkit For Visual Studio For Mac
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.