FLV is one of the most popular container formats used to transmit digital video and audio files over the Internet. A file with the .flv file extension is a flash video, which is viewable on your computer via Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Air, or some third-party Adobe Flash plugins installed. Owing to its outstanding functionality and small size, FLV has in fact been the standard video format favored by web-based steaming video service providers such as Hulu, VEVO. Also, it is taken as the main format for Quicktime on Mac computer.
Avidemux is an open-source video editor and converter. The program supports most of the operations you can perform on videos, such as transcoding, filtering, cutting, demuxing, muxing, adding subtitles and making corrections. In spite of its name, it supports many formats other than AVI, such as MP4, ASF, DVD, MPEG and MKV. Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. If you like digital video edition and you want to step up, Avidemux will be really helpful for you, because it allows you to edit and convert between several video formats, even from any DVD. It supports AVI, MPEG, MOV, OGG and NuppelVideo among others, including a high quantity of codecs such as DivX, Xvid, MPEG, Huffyuv, RAW or DV and audio. Avidemux is a multi-platform video editor that performs some basic and not so basic operations for a video sequence. Cut, apply filters, and recode are the three main activities that you can do with.
If you want to edit FLV videos in a trouble-free manner, you are suggested to use one versatile video editor that supports the FLV file format. Here, we recommend you 5 best FLV video editors that you can get for free on desktop computers to edit FLV videos. Let's get started now.
Compatible OS: Windows 10 and lower, Mac, Linux, BSD
Avidemux is a free and open-source video editing program developed for popular operating systems like Windows, Mac, etc. Manual uninstall code composer studio 6 mac download. It can handle many audio and video file types including FLV format. Moreover, it can make simple edits on FLV videos like cutting, merging, adding music overlays, adding subtitles & captions, and filtering. It's worth mentioning that you can apply numerous visual effects in Avidemux Filters, like crop, rotate & flip, etc. Also, you can color grading the FLV video and add subtitles to it.
- It is quite an easy-to-use program to edit FLV video.
- It provides with assorted editing functions to polish FLV videos.
- It can remux FLV video to make it more compatible to separate devices.
- It is designed for simple editing thus are lack of advanced editing features.
- It can't add transition effects between FLV videos to make a visual effect.
- It is limited to one video track editing, and can not merge different FLV videos together.
Compatible OS: Windows 10 and former, macOS Catalina and lower
VideoProc is an intuitive video editor built with a wide array of useful features for editing and formatting high-res videos. With its full video editing package, video editing, video processing, video downloading, video recording, and media conversion can be well handled and break you no sweat. It owns 4 toolboxes, all of which comes handy at dealing with FLV format and can process FLV video with ease. It helps to enhance the video quality up to 4K resolution and can apply marvelous effects to beautify your video.
With its Level-3 hardware acceleration technology, VideoProc accelerates the video processing speed to the greatest extent, thus you can draw on your GPU for a smooth editing of video files with the most rapid speed. Better than to make edits on FLV videos, it allows for downloading FLV videos with its Video Downloader tool, and can turn videos from different formats into FLV.
- It is available to edit 4K FLV videos.
- It provides with some unique editing features to edit FLV videos, such as deshake, denoise, etc.
- It can free convert to or convert from FLV format while retain the original quality.
- It supports losslessly compress the FLV file to reduce the file size.
- It doesn't work on Linux OS.
- It requires account update to unlock additional features.
Compatible OS: Windows, Mac, Linux
OpenShot is one open-source and cross-platform video editing program for Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. It is simple to use and offers a vast of video editing functions for you to edit your FLV videos. There are some unique editing effects in OpenShot that you can make for your FLV videos. like animation It supports a good deal of FFmpeg commonly-used media formats, like FLV, AVI, MPEG, MOV, MP3, AAC, just to name a few.
- It allows you to edit FLV videos with no debt.
- It offers you video effects to polish up FLV videos.
- It offers slow motion, reversing, and speed up engine to control time effects on FLV video.
- It won't watermark its brand name on your FLV video when export.
- It performs unstable to handle high-res videos, like 4K.
- It offers inadequate editing features to edit FLV videos.
- It doesn't well support the latest Windows 10 OS.
Avidemux Sourceforge Net
#4. VSDC Free Video Editor
Compatible OS: Windows ONLY
VSDC is a free video editor with advanced editing functions. It offers you loads of editing features to polish up your FLV videos, like cut, merge, trim, crop, etc. Perhaps, it is not very intuitive at first sight, yet it is easy to learn those editing tools under modular boxes. One typical feature of VSDC worth mentioning is that it can create good visual effects with a large set of trendy video effects, transitions, and filters. More than that, powerful chroma key, color correction, object change, etc. can be used to edit FLV videos as well. Apart from creating fine FLV videos, it supports a wide variety of media conversion for you to convert FLV videos to many other formats and export with no watermark.
- It can edit 4K FLV videos.
- It supports various types of formats like FLV, MKV, MOV, AVI, etc.
- It provides with feature-rich editing options to edit FLV videos.
- It can only be used on Windows OS.
- It may need a subscription to unlock its advanced functions.
- It requires a high-level computer configuration on resources.
Avidemux Download Mac
Compatible OS: Windows, Mac, Linux
Shotcut is another free and open source video editor, just like OpenShot does, that can run on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. It is easy to use so that you don't need to spend much time learning how to edit a video with it. It allows for native timeline editing, which means that you can keep all changes you've made to an FLV video and save them as a project for future editing. There are abundant video effects, video transitions, and video filters that can be applied to create an admirable FLV video. You can also use the chroma key to explore for more fun. Besides, Shotcut supports 4K FLV video editing as well.
- It has a sleek and intuitive interface.
- It supports a wide range of formats conversion, inc. FLV format.
- It offers massive video effects, transitions, and filters to edit FLV video.
- It is accelarated by hardware encoding thus can retain a rapid output speed.
- It has the frequent crash problem during editing FLV videos.
- Some advanced editing functions are to be acquired by users themselves.
Avidemux Editing Software
Now, you've got 5 best FLV video editors packed with abundant editing features, all of which well support FLV format with no question. Amongest all 5 best FLV video editors mentioned above, we recommend you VideoProc, the one-stop video editing software to download, edit, and process FLV video in the most rapid speed, can be your prime choice for an FLV video editor.